Subject: Re: bug#34777: Online package list is 3 weeks stale, but claims recent update
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 21:34:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Mark,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> As I write this, our online package list claims to have been updated 2
> days ago, but in fact the entries I checked are over 3 weeks stale.  The
> main package list page includes the text "(updated March 4, 2019)" near
> the top of the page:
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/
>
> However, the entries for "linux-libre" shows the most recent kernel as
> version 4.20.7, although we updated to 4.20.8 on February 13:
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/L/page/5/

I believe this is fixed by the update I made a couple of days ago.

Perhaps what happened is that, for the previous update, “haunt build”
ended up using the user’s (gnu packages …) modules that happened to be
in the load path, and those were outdated.

I usually run:

  ~/src/guix/pre-inst-env haunt build

precisely so the web site gets to see the current package set, but it’s
easy to forget that.

An option would be to have the web site get data from an inferior,
perhaps from ~/.config/guix/current, assuming it’s reasonably up to date
(alternately the web site could build the latest Guix from master but
that’d be inconvenient.)

Anyway, closing!

Ludo’.