Subject: 23.0.94; Emacs manual: add an example of adding a dir to `load-path'
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:07:50 -0700

A newbie in help-gnu-emacs tried to load an init file that had
(require 'foobar) in it, and foobar.el wasn't in his load-path.
 
He then needed to know how to add a directory to the load-path. I
wanted to point him to the manual, to teach him to fish, but I found
nothing in the manual about this.
 
Everything in the manual about `load-path' just assumes you know how
to add a directory to it. A simple example in the init-file section,
would help:
 
(add-to-list 'load-path "/my/directory/")
 
And load-path should be indexed to the init-file node.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-05-24 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'