Subject: 23.0.94; window-height returns window buffer
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 15:20:14 +0200

I do not think I can reproduce this, but (window-height win) just
returned the buffer win was displaying. I can reproduce it now, but I
doubt I can when I have restarted Emacs.

This was with my patched Emacs, but there is no patches in window.c. I
suspect that this has something to do with frame creation since I have
seen many crashes there. Another possibility is w32 resources. I see a
steady increase in GDI Objects in Windows Task Manager and when that
starts to get high very strange things can happen (though it is
perhaps some other resource that is depleted).

After restarting Emacs I still see some problems. I can't use
ediff-revision, I get

  Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Running cvs -Q update  -p
window.c...FAILED (status 255)")

but that may of course be totally unrelated.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-05-23
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'