Subject: 26.1; locking up
From: Michael Menefee <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 10:24:09 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Editing a C header file, I type
'#define AVL_iter(' and it locks up consistently and has to be killed
from another terminal, with CPU at 100%.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, amd64-portbld-freebsd11.2)
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
avl.h has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-build-details --localstatedir=/var
 --with-gameuser=games:games --with-sound=no --without-cairo
 --without-dbus --without-gconf --without-gif --without-gsettings
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-jpeg --without-lcms2 --without-m17n-flt
 --without-imagemagick --without-libotf --without-png
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-rsvg --without-tiff --without-x
 --without-xim --without-xpm --without-xwidgets --enable-acl
 --without-cairo --without-dbus --without-gconf --without-gif
 --with-gnutls --without-gsettings --without-jpeg --with-json
 --with-file-notification=kqueue --without-lcms2 --without-m17n-flt
 --without-imagemagick --with-mailutils --with-modules --without-libotf
 --without-png --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-rsvg
 --with-threads --without-tiff --without-xft --without-xim --with-xml2
 --without-xpm --without-xwidgets --with-x-toolkit=no
 --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man --disable-silent-rules
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/emacs/info/
 --build=amd64-portbld-freebsd11.2 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 -isystem /usr/local/include -fno-strict-aliasing ' 'CPPFLAGS=-isystem
 /usr/local/include' 'LDFLAGS= -fstack-protector -L/usr/local/lib ''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB MODULES THREADS

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: C/*l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
tool-bar rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt
cl-loaddefs cl-lib term/xterm xterm time-date elec-pair disp-table
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 113912 7715)
 (symbols 48 21664 1)
 (miscs 40 37 117)
 (strings 32 33281 1470)
 (string-bytes 1 1017633)
 (vectors 16 14418)
 (vector-slots 8 469218 6278)
 (floats 8 50 318)
 (intervals 56 522 258)
 (buffers 992 13))