Subject: Guix gc killed live roots - broke git
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 02:07:42 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi

Yesterday I hacked on guix. Everything was fine. Store was 43G.
I ran guix gc to clean up.

Afterwards git broke:

$ git pull swedebugia 
fatal: unable to fork

Stracing it reveals that it is missing something (see full attached):
execve("/home/sdb/.guix-profile/bin/git", ["git", "pull", "swedebugia"],
0x7ffe05bad790 /* 66 vars */) = 0
brk(NULL)                               = 0xbfe000
mmap(NULL, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x7f61627a1000
access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
...

$ which git
/home/sdb/.guix-profile/bin/git
$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 0.16.0 <- vanilla 0.16 initted from the installer

$ guix package -l|grep -5 git
Generation 1	Dec 24 2018 07:36:14
 
emacs-paredit	24	out	/gnu/store/1zha5anxg029qfl7r569aap5lfyrb66a-emacs-paredit-24
 
emacs-no-x	26.1	out	/gnu/store/9v7m3c83rm1rgi99ph5xdkpnnd0c62x4-emacs-no-x-26.1
 
setxkbmap	1.3.1	out	/gnu/store/3px1119mhx9q7xzmi5jlg5wylhkx84cr-setxkbmap-1.3.1
  git	2.19.2	out	/gnu/store/iffgahfxnk13narndlaqf9xm0yhyhyyv-git-2.19.2

Is this a bug?

If yes I think it is serious.

-- 
Cheers 
Swedebugia