Subject: Re: bug#33542: Strange tarball download error on Hydra
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 22:28:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Hydra, the armhf builds for al variants of 'linux-libre-4.14.84'
>> failed because the tarball download failed.  See below for the build
>> log.  Strangely, it was unable to find the (guix base16) module.
>
> I now see that 89f1fee8e788fc32d08583b4207c1ecb91d50f28 added a new use
> of (guix base16) during downloads, and that the copies of Guix currently
> running on the armhf build slaves is too old to include (guix base16).

Oops indeed.  Commit a52ae1b6620fcef28e668047a51a6b2a9fb89e35 addresses
it by autoloading (guix base16), such that old installations will still
work but won’t be able to download from Software Heritage.

Thanks,
Ludo’.