Subject: Re: [bug#33465] [PATCH] gnu: rust: Don't depend on 'git'.
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>, Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 02:09:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pierre Langlois writes:
>
>> Whoops, ignore that patch, it doesn't do what I wanted it to do. The
>> point was to skip the tests *only* for temporary packages used for
>> bootstrapping the final one. But here it's disabled the tests all the
>> time, we don't want that... my bad!  I'll another look when I have time.
>
> Right, attached is what I meant to do.

Hello!

I don't have a strong opinion for or against disabling tests in the Rust
bootstrap toolchain.  But with Git removed, most (all?) of Rusts
dependencies are packages that do not change very frequently (i.e. only
on the 'staging' and 'core-updates' branches), so maybe it's not as
urgent?

Regardless, I've pushed the original patch to the 'core-updates'
branch.  Could you submit the other patch to a separate issue or to
guix-devel?  TIA!