Subject: 27.0.50; interactive spec with cl-defgeneric/method
From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 17:19:44 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm struggling to understand how to make functions defined with
cl-defgeneric interactive:

(require 'cl-lib)

(cl-defgeneric my/test ()
  (interactive)
  (message "generic"))

If you evaluate that you can do M-x my/test, as expected. However, as
soon as you evaluate this:

(cl-defgeneric my/test (&context (major-mode emacs-lisp-mode))
  (interactive)
  (message "method"))

M-x my/test no longer works.

Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding how this works?

Thanks,
Alex