Subject: 27.0.50; Byte-compiled version of `=' doesn't work for bignums
From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 23:57:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In *scratch*:

(funcall (lambda (a b) (= a b)) (1+ most-positive-fixnum) 1)
=> nil

(funcall (byte-compile (lambda (a b) (= a b))) (1+ most-positive-fixnum) 1)

signals an error

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p 2305843009213693952)
  #f(compiled-function (a b) #<bytecode 0x40a557c1>)(2305843009213693952 1)
  funcall(#f(compiled-function (a b) #<bytecode 0x40a557c1>) 2305843009213693952 1)
  eval((funcall (byte-compile #'(lambda (a b) (= a b))) (1+ most-positive-fixnum) 1) nil)
  elisp--eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-print-last-sexp(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil)
  call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-print-last-sexp)

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-apple-darwin17.4.0, NS appkit-1561.20 Version 10.13.3 (Build 17D102))
 of 2018-08-20 built on p
Repository revision: 36de7bd7b0b9fcd038c440b4705e9186bfbaaa41
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.13.3

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --enable-gcc-warnings=yes --enable-checking
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type 'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS
JSON LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 204444 14070)
 (symbols 48 20024 1)
 (strings 32 28901 2192)
 (string-bytes 1 775124)
 (vectors 16 35371)
 (vector-slots 8 730178 19284)
 (floats 8 47 69)
 (intervals 56 211 0)
 (buffers 992 11))