Subject: Bug when running guix system reconfigure after recent guix pull
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 12:24:47 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ran guix pull twice on commit b4eae997fe5b928f179c34d281e9f2c3eccd3670
See config attached or here: https://paste.debian.net/1029776/

root@antelope ~# guix --version
guile: warning: failed to install locale
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
guix (GNU Guix) b4eae997fe5b928f179c34d281e9f2c3eccd3670
Copyright (C) 2018 the Guix authors

root@antelope ~# .config/guix/current/bin/guix system reconfigure
/etc/config.scm --cores=1
guile: warning: failed to install locale
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
Backtrace:
          12 (primitive-load "/root/.config/guix/current/bin/guix")
In guix/ui.scm:
  1557:12 11 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    829:9 10 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7feafe98f980 at guix/ui.scm:593?> ?)
    829:9  9 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7feafe98f998 at guix/ui.scm:711?> ?)
In guix/scripts/system.scm:
   1224:8  8 (_)
   1094:6  7 (process-action _ _ _)
In guix/store.scm:
  1414:24  6 (run-with-store _ _ #:guile-for-build _ #:system _ # _)
In guix/scripts/system.scm:
  1107:13  5 (_ _)
   805:18  4 (perform-action reconfigure #<<operating-system> kerne?> ?)
In gnu/system.scm:
   843:19  3 (operating-system-derivation _ #:container? _)
In gnu/services.scm:
   702:19  2 (instantiate-missing-services (#<<slim-configuration?> ?))
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  1 (fold #<procedure 7feaf2c96a50 at gnu/services.scm:702?> ?)
In gnu/services.scm:
   703:40  0 (_ _ _)

gnu/services.scm:703:40: In procedure service-kind: Wrong type argument:
#<<slim-configuration> slim: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/display-managers.scm:312 2963cc0> allow-empty-passwords?:
#t auto-login?: #t default-user: "annika" theme: #<<file-append> base:
#<origin #<<git-reference> url:
"git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guix/guix-artwork.git" commit:
"6998d30425289b087c64f63e7415df2241e591db" recursive?: #f>
gjomvsacge5nz76kqiyzbpiin32l7nn672voskuo7ahz3za56jga () 193e840> suffix:
("/slim")> theme-name: "0.x" xauth: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:1994 23ffa80> shepherd: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/admin.scm:173 24ab180> auto-login-session: "xfdesktop"
startx: #<<program-file> name: "startx" gexp: #<gexp (apply execl
#<gexp-input #<<program-file> name: "X-wrapper" gexp: #<gexp (begin
(setenv "XORG_DRI_DRIVER_PATH" (string-append #<gexp-input #<package
[email-masked] gnu/packages/gl.scm:225 208d480>:out> "/lib/dri")) (setenv
"XKB_BINDIR" (string-append #<gexp-input #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3760 2415e40>:out> "/bin")) (let ((X
(string-append #<gexp-input #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:5072 2423c00>:out> "/bin/X"))) (apply execl X X
"-xkbdir" (string-append #<gexp-input #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3836 2415c00>:out> "/share/X11/xkb") "-config"
#<gexp-input #<<computed-file> name: "xserver.conf" gexp: #<gexp (begin
(use-modules (ice-9 match) (srfi srfi-1) (srfi srfi-26))
(call-with-output-file #<gexp-output out> (lambda (port) (define drivers
(quote #<gexp-input ():out>)) (define (device-section driver)
(string-append "\nSection \"Device\"\n  Identifier \"device-" driver
"\"\n  Driver \"" driver "\"\nEndSection")) (define (screen-section
driver resolutions) (string-append "\nSection \"Screen\"\n  Identifier
\"screen-" driver "\"\n  Device \"device-" driver "\"\n  SubSection
\"Display\"\n    Modes " (string-join (map (match-lambda ((x y)
(string-append "\"" (number->string x) "x" (number->string y) "\"")))
resolutions)) "\n  EndSubSection\nEndSection")) (define (expand modules)
(append-map (lambda (module) (filter-map (lambda (directory) (let ((full
(string-append module directory))) (and (file-exists? full) full)))
(quote ("/lib/xorg/modules/drivers" "/lib/xorg/modules/input"
"/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia" "/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"))))
modules)) (display "Section \"Files\"\n" port) (for-each (lambda (font)
(format port "  FontPath \"~a\"~%" font)) (quote #<gexp-input
(#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:518 23e8540> suffix: ("/share/fonts/X11/75dpi")>
#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:518 23e8540> suffix: ("/share/fonts/X11/100dpi")>
#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:518 23e8540> suffix: ("/share/fonts/X11/misc")>
#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:518 23e8540> suffix:
("/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic")> #<<file-append> base: #<package
[email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:714 23f1f00> suffix:
("/share/fonts/X11/misc")> #<<file-append> base: #<package
[email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:489 23e8600> suffix:
("/share/fonts/X11/75dpi")>):out>)) (for-each (lambda (module) (format
port "  ModulePath \"~a\"~%" module)) (append (expand (quote
#<gexp-input (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3417
240e780> #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2732
2407840> #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2675
24079c0> #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2703
2407900> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2914 2407480> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2961 24073c0> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3097 24070c0> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3070 2407180> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3259 240ec00> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2447 2407f00> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2413 23ff000> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2507 2407d80> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2531 2407cc0> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2563 2407c00> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:5072 2423c00>):out>)) (list #<gexp-input
#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:5072 2423c00> suffix:
("/lib/xorg/modules")>:out>))) (display "EndSection\n" port) (display
"\nSection \"ServerFlags\"\n  Option \"AllowMouseOpenFail\"
\"on\"\nEndSection\n" port) (display (string-join (map device-section
drivers) "\n") port) (newline port) (display (string-join (map (cut
screen-section <> (quote #<gexp-input ():out>)) drivers) "\n") port)
(newline port) (for-each (lambda (config) (display config port)) (quote
#<gexp-input ():out>))))) 2e5e090> guile: #f options: (#:local-build?
#t)>:out> "-configdir" #<gexp-input #<<computed-file> name:
"xorg.conf.d" gexp: #<gexp  2e5e000> guile: #f options: (#:local-build?
#t)>:out> (cdr (command-line))))) 2e7ce70> guile: #f path:
("/gnu/store/smr91vhrzakk8mf6ylwmmddnr7wgl1fp-guix-b4eae997f-modules"
"/gnu/store/2rfa6337gb84bx4f2jzn5h9wfi3lhjik-guile-git-0.0-6.36f93c1/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1aglyrvw57cbw4njc2q4blmbqin3r7k2-guile-bytestructures-1.0.3/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/6jjn9fsma94qa6y86qwiyyqfsm2mjkxy-guile-json-1.0.1/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/5lmr2x0cl45x0f15hsbaw4y560gnwry3-guile-ssh-0.11.2/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/r21yw2lkm4fr1n7x1nxgpqrjw0xkln9r-guile-sqlite3-0.0-4.10c13a7/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/iv3yg0g269hnxc1aqk9r55aq3h72c6m1-module-import"
"/gnu/store/iv3yg0g269hnxc1aqk9r55aq3h72c6m1-module-import"
"/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile/site"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile")>:out>
#<gexp-input #<<program-file> name: "X-wrapper" gexp: #<gexp (begin
(setenv "XORG_DRI_DRIVER_PATH" (string-append #<gexp-input #<package
[email-masked] gnu/packages/gl.scm:225 208d480>:out> "/lib/dri")) (setenv
"XKB_BINDIR" (string-append #<gexp-input #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3760 2415e40>:out> "/bin")) (let ((X
(string-append #<gexp-input #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:5072 2423c00>:out> "/bin/X"))) (apply execl X X
"-xkbdir" (string-append #<gexp-input #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3836 2415c00>:out> "/share/X11/xkb") "-config"
#<gexp-input #<<computed-file> name: "xserver.conf" gexp: #<gexp (begin
(use-modules (ice-9 match) (srfi srfi-1) (srfi srfi-26))
(call-with-output-file #<gexp-output out> (lambda (port) (define drivers
(quote #<gexp-input ():out>)) (define (device-section driver)
(string-append "\nSection \"Device\"\n  Identifier \"device-" driver
"\"\n  Driver \"" driver "\"\nEndSection")) (define (screen-section
driver resolutions) (string-append "\nSection \"Screen\"\n  Identifier
\"screen-" driver "\"\n  Device \"device-" driver "\"\n  SubSection
\"Display\"\n    Modes " (string-join (map (match-lambda ((x y)
(string-append "\"" (number->string x) "x" (number->string y) "\"")))
resolutions)) "\n  EndSubSection\nEndSection")) (define (expand modules)
(append-map (lambda (module) (filter-map (lambda (directory) (let ((full
(string-append module directory))) (and (file-exists? full) full)))
(quote ("/lib/xorg/modules/drivers" "/lib/xorg/modules/input"
"/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia" "/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"))))
modules)) (display "Section \"Files\"\n" port) (for-each (lambda (font)
(format port "  FontPath \"~a\"~%" font)) (quote #<gexp-input
(#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:518 23e8540> suffix: ("/share/fonts/X11/75dpi")>
#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:518 23e8540> suffix: ("/share/fonts/X11/100dpi")>
#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:518 23e8540> suffix: ("/share/fonts/X11/misc")>
#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:518 23e8540> suffix:
("/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic")> #<<file-append> base: #<package
[email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:714 23f1f00> suffix:
("/share/fonts/X11/misc")> #<<file-append> base: #<package
[email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:489 23e8600> suffix:
("/share/fonts/X11/75dpi")>):out>)) (for-each (lambda (module) (format
port "  ModulePath \"~a\"~%" module)) (append (expand (quote
#<gexp-input (#<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3417
240e780> #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2732
2407840> #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2675
24079c0> #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2703
2407900> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2914 2407480> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2961 24073c0> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3097 24070c0> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3070 2407180> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:3259 240ec00> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2447 2407f00> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2413 23ff000> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2507 2407d80> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2531 2407cc0> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:2563 2407c00> #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:5072 2423c00>):out>)) (list #<gexp-input
#<<file-append> base: #<package [email-masked]
gnu/packages/xorg.scm:5072 2423c00> suffix:
("/lib/xorg/modules")>:out>))) (display "EndSection\n" port) (display
"\nSection \"ServerFlags\"\n  Option \"AllowMouseOpenFail\"
\"on\"\nEndSection\n" port) (display (string-join (map device-section
drivers) "\n") port) (newline port) (display (string-join (map (cut
screen-section <> (quote #<gexp-input ():out>)) drivers) "\n") port)
(newline port) (for-each (lambda (config) (display config port)) (quote
#<gexp-input ():out>))))) 2e5e090> guile: #f options: (#:local-build?
#t)>:out> "-configdir" #<gexp-input #<<computed-file> name:
"xorg.conf.d" gexp: #<gexp  2e5e000> guile: #f options: (#:local-build?
#t)>:out> (cdr (command-line))))) 2e7ce70> guile: #f path:
("/gnu/store/smr91vhrzakk8mf6ylwmmddnr7wgl1fp-guix-b4eae997f-modules"
"/gnu/store/2rfa6337gb84bx4f2jzn5h9wfi3lhjik-guile-git-0.0-6.36f93c1/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1aglyrvw57cbw4njc2q4blmbqin3r7k2-guile-bytestructures-1.0.3/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/6jjn9fsma94qa6y86qwiyyqfsm2mjkxy-guile-json-1.0.1/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/5lmr2x0cl45x0f15hsbaw4y560gnwry3-guile-ssh-0.11.2/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/r21yw2lkm4fr1n7x1nxgpqrjw0xkln9r-guile-sqlite3-0.0-4.10c13a7/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/iv3yg0g269hnxc1aqk9r55aq3h72c6m1-module-import"
"/gnu/store/iv3yg0g269hnxc1aqk9r55aq3h72c6m1-module-import"
"/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile/site"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile")>:out>
"-logverbose" "-verbose" "-nolisten" "tcp" "-terminate" (cdr
(command-line))) 2e7cde0> guile: #f path:
("/gnu/store/smr91vhrzakk8mf6ylwmmddnr7wgl1fp-guix-b4eae997f-modules"
"/gnu/store/2rfa6337gb84bx4f2jzn5h9wfi3lhjik-guile-git-0.0-6.36f93c1/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1aglyrvw57cbw4njc2q4blmbqin3r7k2-guile-bytestructures-1.0.3/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/6jjn9fsma94qa6y86qwiyyqfsm2mjkxy-guile-json-1.0.1/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/5lmr2x0cl45x0f15hsbaw4y560gnwry3-guile-ssh-0.11.2/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/r21yw2lkm4fr1n7x1nxgpqrjw0xkln9r-guile-sqlite3-0.0-4.10c13a7/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/iv3yg0g269hnxc1aqk9r55aq3h72c6m1-module-import"
"/gnu/store/iv3yg0g269hnxc1aqk9r55aq3h72c6m1-module-import"
"/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile/site/2.2"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile/site"
"/gnu/store/1mr5izrbxwd7cbq8m1xrqm45rzkibpsj-guile-2.2.3/share/guile")>
sessreg: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/xorg.scm:1782 23f7000>>