Subject: Re: bug#31870: Provide a way to customize %harmless-collisions
From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 07:49:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> %harmless-collisions is consistent for Guix packages, but users can also
>> add their custom packages through GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH.  It would be great
>> that if such custom packages collide, the warning message can be
>> removed.
>
> ‘%harmless-collisions’ is really a hack and I’m not sure we’d like to
> make this hack extensible.  :-)

Ha ;-)  Okay I understand.

> Did you have any concrete use case in mind?

Yes, Firefox and Icecat have lots of collisions, and they are displayed
even when I install unrelated stuff.  But it's fine, I can definitely
live with it.  Closing it!

Clément