Subject: Re: bug#31636: 27.0.50; lockfile syntax searchable from info manual
From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 15:24:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> (I noticed that texinfo.el has no bindings for inserting @ref,
>> @xref, and @pxref, should I add some?  C-cC-c[rp] are free, but x is
>> already used for @example, so 'C-cC-cX'? Or maybe 'C-cC-cC-x' for
>> @xref?)
>
> How about using just "C-c C-c r" and letting it intuit the exact form
> from the context?  @xref is only used at the beginning of a sentence,
> and @pxref should normally follow an open paren.
>

OK. Iʼll think about how best to add that

> In any case, adding this to texinfo.el would be a welcome addition, I
> think.
>
> The patch LGTM, thanks.

Pushed as 9188291f7a to emacs-26.

Thanks

Robert