Subject: 26.0.91; emacs-26.1 RC1 fails norton virus check
From: Jeff Sondeen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 11:03:59 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all, i've been running Emacs version 26.091, but just downloaded
emacs-26.1-rc1-x86_64.zip, but Norton Security has quarantined several
*.exe's (runemacs.exe, etags.exe, etc) under
emacs-26.1-rc1-x86_64/bin, complaining about a virus called
"WS.Reputaton.1 Insight Network Threat" as per the attached pix (I
didn't have this problem with 26.091)

thanks,
/jeff

In GNU Emacs 26.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-01-22 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 752fba992b793a74d202c9cfc3e1a92fd458e748
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Recent messages:
Loading sort...done
Loading register.elc...done
Sunrise 5:49am (Pacific Daylight Time), sunset 7:53pm (Pacific Daylight Time) at 34N, 118.5W (14:04 hrs daylight)
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Counting messages...done

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mailalias emacsbug sendmail shr-color color url-util url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs url-vars
shr svg xml dom browse-url qp rmailmm message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode gmm-utils
mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils mailabbrev solar cal-dst
cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs sort time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 132877 18569)
 (symbols 56 21677 1)
 (miscs 48 169 216)
 (strings 32 35347 923)
 (string-bytes 1 976509)
 (vectors 16 17176)
 (vector-slots 8 525350 13054)
 (floats 8 577 206)
 (intervals 56 2609 276)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 

thanks,
/jeff