From: Armaan Sood <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 21:57:44 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: ARMAAN-PC <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.5; Tramp crashes
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 21:56:46 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--

Open a file in tramp, try to save it. It stalls on "decoding file
using base64" and commands don't work (C-g doesn't work).
Couldn't find a fix for it online.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2017-09-20 on lcy01-07, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `Colin Harrison', version 11.0.60900031
System Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  goto-address-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading 00debian-vars...done
Key Chord mode on
Loading cua-base...done
Loading paren...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils browse-url goto-addr thingatpt view delsel paren
cua-base cus-start cus-load cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs linum key-chord advice
flymake compile comint ansi-color ring auto-complete edmacro kmacro
popup flycheck json find-func help-mode rx subr-x seq seq-24 dash
help-fns cl-macs cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib info easymenu package
epg-config time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 240246 15143)
 (symbols 48 30013 1)
 (miscs 40 295 246)
 (strings 32 57177 39233)
 (string-bytes 1 1741982)
 (vectors 16 23684)
 (vector-slots 8 529485 5951)
 (floats 8 107 313)
 (intervals 56 407 140)
 (buffers 960 13)
 (heap 1024 36519 830))