Subject: 23.0.92; Emacs manual, node Tags
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:36:31 -0700

The first sentence of this node doesn't sound right to me. At least
it's not clear what is meant.
 
  "A "tags table" is a description of how a multi-file
   program is broken up into files."
 
A multi-file program? What program would that be? There is no further
mention of this.  I don't understand this sentence, and I cannot
imagine how it describes what a tags table is.
 
Also confusing is the part that starts "When a file parsed by `etags'
is generated from a different source file, like a C file generated
from a Cweb source file,..." To understand this (and I don't), a
reader needs to already understand what `etags' is and what its
parsing amounts to, and s?he needs to know what Cweb is (I don't). Not
to mention that it is mysterious what is meant by "a different source
file" - different from what?
 
One cannot understand this text without knowing how tags work, the
role of "source files" in that, and so on. IOW, this doesn't help; it
confuses.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-03-30 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'