Subject: 26.0.90; Documentation error in docstring of `input-method-function'
From: Adam Tack <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 20:43:43 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The listed range of "printing characters" appears to be out of date.

Currently the docstring of `input-method-function'

(src/keyboard.c:11739
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/src/keyboard.c?id=15863145cb8468b18b620d9dd82f90eaf4775d25#n11736
)

says that:

It’s called with one argument, a printing character that was just read.
(That means a character with code 040...0176.)

As can be seen at src/keyboard.c:2977 (with context:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/src/keyboard.c?id=15863145cb8468b18b620d9dd82f90eaf4775d25#n2969
) this is no longer the case (since
8d76911517ef7cefc7939845e920145ef89282f7) — the character can also be
in the range 0200...0377, so the docstring should probably say:

It’s called with one argument, a printing character that was just read.
(That means a character with code 040...0176 or 0200...0377.)

Thanks!
Adam