Subject: 26.0.91; cd-absolute to tramp directory fails
From: Rajeev Narang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 09:40:39 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When rlogin-directory-tracking-mode is set to t, rlogin directory tracking fails.

This is because (cd-absolute "/USER@HOST:") fails in emacs-26.  The same call succeeds in emacs-25.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2018-02-01 built on hp
Repository revision: b90e91ca54d7fd47047edf4d1b9c49268e31e487
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11902000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 9.3 (stretch)

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Proceeding, will debug on next eval or call.
Entering debugger...
Back to top level
Auto-saving...done
next-line: End of buffer [7 times]
Canceling debug-on-entry for all functions
Reverting buffer ‘.emacs’.
Wrote /mnt/j0/home/rajeev/.emacs.elc
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/rajeev/tmp/build/emacs --with-modules
 --with-x-toolkit --with-xwidgets 'CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/local/include
 -I/usr/include/dvdnav' 'LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  dirtrack-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  buffer-face-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow loadhist ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs emacsbug files-x
tramp-sh tramp-cache completion em-tramp em-rebind em-smart tramp-cmds
em-unix em-term term ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module
esh-mode esh-util pinentry log-view pcvs-util pcase autoload lisp-mnt
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image dframe epa-file epa-dired sh-script smie
tabify man conf-mode debug cl-print help-fns radix-tree term/xterm
xterm bbdb-message mailalias nnir org-duration view cal-iso org-agenda
misearch multi-isearch add-log url-http url-gw url-auth shr-color
color sendmail vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir vc
vc-dispatcher gnus-gravatar gravatar url-cache cl-extra sort gnus-cite
qp mm-archive mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup gnus-ml
disp-table midnight dirtrack adoc-mode tempo markup-faces bbdb-anniv
appt utf-7 nnml network-stream nsm bbdb-gnus nnfolder spam spam-stat
hashcash gnus-uu yenc jka-compr editorconfig rx semantic/db-mode
semantic/db eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw
mode-local cedet time server erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-desktop-notifications erc-match printing ps-print
ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr rlogin ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
eww mm-url url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util shr svg ess-toolbar
ess-mouse mouseme browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a
executable ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l
cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d
ess-r-args assoc ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils ess-mode noweb-mode ess
ess-custom ess-compat ess-site erc-services erc-networks erc-goodies
erc erc-backend erc-compat el/macros el/cron bitly thingatpt edmacro
kmacro warnings compile time-stamp pp elec-pair cus-edit cus-start
cus-load vc-git diff-mode diary-lib diary-loaddefs face-remap
jabber-gmail jabber-otr json map jabber jabber-notifications
notifications jabber-libnotify dbus jabber-awesome jabber-osd
jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage jabber-festival jabber-sawfish
jabber-ratpoison jabber-tmux jabber-screen jabber-socks5
jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client jabber-ft-common
jabber-si-client jabber-si-common jabber-feature-neg jabber-truncate
jabber-time jabber-autoaway jabber-vcard-avatars jabber-chatstates
jabber-events jabber-vcard jabber-avatar jabber-activity jabber-watch
jabber-modeline jabber-ahc-presence jabber-ahc jabber-version
jabber-ourversion jabber-muc-nick-completion hippie-exp jabber-browse
jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster jabber-presence jabber-muc
jabber-bookmarks jabber-private jabber-muc-nick-coloring hexrgb
jabber-widget jabber-disco jabber-chat jabber-history
jabber-chatbuffer jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-core jabber-console
sgml-mode dom ewoc jabber-keymap jabber-sasl sasl sasl-anonymous
sasl-login sasl-plain fsm jabber-logon jabber-conn srv dns starttls
jabber-xml xml jabber-menu jabber-util cl tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell org-element avl-tree
generator org advice org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb
bbdb-site timezone gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum nndraft
nnmh gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap tls gnutls utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-win nnmail gnus-int gnus-range
mail-source message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus wid-edit nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
ind-util quail help-mode mm-util mail-prsvr xt-mouse time-date
which-func imenu icomplete autorevert filenotify el/util el/util-diary
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1702321 189012)
 (symbols 48 63881 7)
 (miscs 40 2150 2230)
 (strings 32 298099 21604)
 (string-bytes 1 9873495)
 (vectors 16 123043)
 (vector-slots 8 2521368 113256)
 (floats 8 1469 1989)
 (intervals 56 149972 4032)
 (buffers 992 317))