Subject: 27.0.50; C-g doesn't quit minibuffer
From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:46:39 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

C-g does not exit the minibuffer.

Moreover, when I keep typing C-g, eventually Emacs gets hung.  I can
get it unhung by sending it SIGTSTP using another terminal.

I can't find the command to make gdb send the backtrace to a file.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2017-11-15 built on freetop
Repository revision: 52d822f31bc7cb57694c1e209b2d02e5efb8f48c
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/rms/outgoing/out-17...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-17
Mark set
Saving file /home/rms/outgoing/out-16...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-16
Mark set [3 times]
Saving file /home/rms/outgoing/out-17...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-17
Buffer has unsaved changes; reinitialize it and discard them? (y or n) y
Disconnect buffer from visited file? (y or n) y

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g' --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2
FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug two-column kmacro iso-transl battery quail help-mode
epa-mail etags xref project rmailkwd compare-w diff-mode easy-mmode
rmailout url-util shr svg xml dom browse-url shell pcomplete thingatpt
grep compile comint ansi-color ring rmailsum dabbrev mailalias
misearch multi-isearch qp rmailmm message sendmail rmc puny
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux elec-pair view
derived time-date paren cus-start cus-load advice finder-inf package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 302080 76236)
 (symbols 48 25226 12)
 (miscs 40 2202 2989)
 (strings 32 48806 9257)
 (string-bytes 1 1231232)
 (vectors 16 29076)
 (vector-slots 8 1398157 226116)
 (floats 8 95 276)
 (intervals 56 60145 1270)
 (buffers 992 67)
 (heap 1024 30747 3090))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.