Subject: Re: bug#29289: 25.3; doc errors for ‘M-x set-variable’ doc
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>, myglc2 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 02:27:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: myglc2 <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:42:13 -0500
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> So 23576 is marked minor and done, but the emacs doc still has these
>> bugs. Are you saying merge and reopen?  TIA - George
>
> No, the bugs in the documentation were fixed.  It's just that they
> were fixed for the upcoming Emacs 26.1, and you are using 25.3.  You
> are welcome to try the pretest of Emacs 26.1, which is available from
> alpha.gnu.org, and see for yourself that the documentation was fixed,
> and the software was fixed as well.  E.g., in the pretest, typing
> "M-x set-variable RET server-name RET" does allow you to set the name
> even before you start a server, and "emacsclient -s" also works after
> that.

It seems like this was fixed in Emacs 26.1.  I'm therefore closing this
bug.

If anyone is still seeing these problems on that version or later,
please report back so we can reopen it.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas