Subject: nsterm.m - unnecessary definition
From: Riccardo Mottola <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 16:13:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

for GNUstep, the definition:

NSString *NSMenuDidBeginTrackingNotification;

at line 72 of nsterm.m is not needed, actually it results in:
nsterm.m:72:18: error: conflicting type qualifiers for 
'NSMenuDidBeginTrackingNotification'
  extern NSString *NSMenuDidBeginTrackingNotification;
                   ^
In file included from /System/Library/Headers/AppKit/AppKit.h:90:0,
                  from nsgui.h:34,
                  from dispextern.h:76,
                  from nsterm.h:21,
                  from nsterm.m:48:
/System/Library/Headers/AppKit/NSMenu.h:823:31: note: previous 
declaration of 'NSMenuDidBeginTrackingNotification' was here 
APPKIT_EXPORT NSString* const NSMenuDidBeginTrackingNotification;
                                ^
Makefile:381: recipe for target 'nsterm.o' failed

Thus either leave it only for MacOS (e.g. #ifndef GNUSTEP) or remove it 
totally if it is not needed on mac.

Thanks - Riccardo