Subject: 26.0.90; emacs-26.0.90 pretest
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:02:15 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi. after compiling the pretest. I do emacs -Q then M-x server-start then
I am getting:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "‘/tmp/emacs1000’ is not a safe directory because it is a file")
  signal(error ("‘/tmp/emacs1000’ is not a safe directory because it is a file"))
  error("`%s' is not a safe directory because %s" "/tmp/emacs1000" "it is a file")
  server-ensure-safe-dir("/tmp/emacs1000")
  server-start(nil)
  funcall-interactively(server-start nil)
  call-interactively(server-start record nil)
  command-execute(server-start record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "server-start" nil)
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "server-start" nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Regards

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 1, arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2017-10-30 built on chulpaca
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 9.2 (stretch)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
server-ensure-safe-dir: ‘/tmp/emacs1000’ is not a safe directory because it is a file
C-x M-x is undefined

Configured using:
 'configure --build=arm-linux-gnueabihf --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf'
 --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr
 --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --pdfdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs --with-sound --without-gconf --with-xft
 --without-xwidgets --with-gameuser=:games 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/soni/abs/emacs-26.0.90=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils server elec-pair
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 96243 9175)
 (symbols 24 20650 1)
 (miscs 20 39 160)
 (strings 16 29484 1575)
 (string-bytes 1 753255)
 (vectors 8 14215)
 (vector-slots 4 506728 10982)
 (floats 8 51 66)
 (intervals 28 274 11)
 (buffers 528 11))