Subject: 26.0.90; nt/INSTALL.W64
From: Francis Wright <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:06:49 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I noticed the following errors in the 64-bit Windows build instructions
in the file nt/INSTALL.W64 when using a new MSYS2 installation.

The library liblcms2 is not currently available using pacman, which
causes the pacman command shown to fail, but it works if that library is
removed. It might be best to recommend trying to install liblcms2
separately, in the hope that it will become available in the future.

There is no file mingw64_shell.bat in the \msys64 folder. However, there
is an item labelled "MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit" in the Windows Start menu,
which seems to work correctly. Also, msys2_shell.bat is actually
msys2_shell.cmd.

Apart from the above issues the build went well and the resulting
version of Emacs seems to have worked correctly so far.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2017-10-17 built on MONOLITH
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.15063
Recent messages:
Loading sendmail...done
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
Saving file c:/Users/fjw/AppData/Roaming/.emacs...
Wrote c:/Users/fjw/AppData/Roaming/.emacs [2 times]
Mark set
Making completion list... [6 times]
Send buffer contents as mail message? (y or n) y
Sending...done

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/d/emacs/emacs-26.0.90 --without-imagemagick'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader url-util mailalias mailclient browse-url
pp sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
cus-edit wid-edit cl-print find-func thingatpt help-fns radix-tree
help-mode jka-compr info elec-pair paren delsel cus-start cus-load
finder-inf package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib server time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 167409 10179)
(symbols 56 23758 1)
(miscs 48 349 203)
(strings 32 44517 1270)
(string-bytes 1 1108717)
(vectors 16 18578)
(vector-slots 8 532882 13737)
(floats 8 74 277)
(intervals 56 5210 44)
(buffers 992 20))