Subject: Re: bug#28545: Error in build for Debian - emacs25-25.2+1
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], "Leo Silva \(a.k.a kirotawa\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 03:01:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Leo Silva (a.k.a kirotawa)" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build emacs25-25.2+1 and facing this issue in build time
> [...]
>> Test package-test-update-archives-async condition:
>>     (error "Error retrieving: http://0.0.0.0:8000/archive-contents
>> (error connection-failed \"failed with code 111
>> \" :host \"0.0.0.0\" :service 8000)")
>>    FAILED  17/20  package-test-update-archives-async
>
> So, you've succesfully built Emacs, and a single (?) test is failing.
> I'd suggest you just ignore the test failure. This test starts an
> external process using python to listen on a local address, and in my
> experience it not infrequently fails to start properly. I think the
> failure is probably unrelated to Emacs.

According to the above, this is probably not a bug in Emacs.  I'm
therefore closing this bug report.

If that's incorrect, please reopen.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas