Subject: 25.1; The top line, with File, Edit, Options, Buffer etc. does not work. When selecting different pop-down menus it only shows a black rectangle instead of giving me the proper options to press.
From: Anders Olesen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 21:39:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When trying to use Emacs, the top bar does not work properly. When
installing packages, where the normal package shortcuts would normally
be, there is nothing but a black rectangle, not giving me anything to
click.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2017-03-29, modified by Debian built on lgw01-37
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.11903000
System Description:	Ubuntu 17.04

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-
locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-
lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-
lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-
locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-
lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-
lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-4TAPj9/emacs25-25.1+1=. -fstack-
protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: da_DK.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el
(source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50latex-cjk-common.el (source)...
Loading cjk-enc...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50latex-cjk-common.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50latex-cjk-thai.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50texlive-lang-english.el
(source)...done
Saving file /home/quasi/.emacs...
Wrote /home/quasi/.emacs [2 times]
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
command-execute: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *GNU Emacs*>

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils dired finder-inf
package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-
opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 107810 14527)
 (symbols 48 21631 0)
 (miscs 40 726 157)
 (strings 32 21536 3698)
 (string-bytes 1 625763)
 (vectors 16 14857)
 (vector-slots 8 472621 4138)
 (floats 8 191 55)
 (intervals 56 503 0)
 (buffers 976 19))