Subject: 26.0.50; keyboard state is wrong after typing C-c C-k in compilation mode
From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 20:10:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In compilation mode, while the inferior process is running, type C-c,
C-k and do not release the control key after hitting k.  With the
control key still held down, hit c again.

Expected: Emacs reads C-c (and after a delay displays it in
the minibuffer because it is a prefix key).

Actual: Emacs reads c (and reports an error, "c is undefined").

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-09-02 built on MACHINE
Repository revision: f2a074830c588d2a1c240afbd709a029a4c1a42f
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.15063
Recent messages:
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2553) signaled
(void-function compilation-face)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2616) signaled
(void-function compilation-face)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2645) signaled
(void-function compilation-face)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2674) signaled
(void-function compilation-face)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2733) signaled
(void-function compilation-face) [2 times]
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2764) signaled
(void-function compilation-face)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2793) signaled
(void-function compilation-face)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2822) signaled
(void-function compilation-face)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2862) signaled
(void-function compilation-face)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2995) signaled
(void-function compilation-face)

Configured using:
 'configure --config-cache --with-modules --without-pop CFLAGS=-Ofast'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: c:\emacs-lisp;
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Compilation

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr misearch multi-isearch emacsbug message subr-x
puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shell
pcomplete compile comint ansi-color ring vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode map
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bat-mode
easymenu elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 110759 24525)
 (symbols 56 21338 1)
 (miscs 48 69 194)
 (strings 32 33412 1339)
 (string-bytes 1 872517)
 (vectors 16 16549)
 (vector-slots 8 506344 10373)
 (floats 8 61 181)
 (intervals 56 849 128)
 (buffers 992 14))