Subject: Re: [bug#28133] [PATCH] gnu: Add rtl-sdr.; and gnuradio
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 19:53:06 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pushed, thanks!

> LGTM!  But are we sure about the new module?  I've used rtl-sdr in a
> professional non-HAM setting before.  I guess it's OK, though :)
>
> Back then I put "volk" into (gnu packages engineering) and not into
> ham-radio.scm - we might want to revisit it?

IMHO, the modules in gnu/packages are quite a mess. There are many
modules with only one or a few packages (less than 10). At some point,
we'll have to revisit this, and figure out a better organization.

Debian has a category for HAM Radio packages. So, I thought it's ok to
create ham-radio.scm for rtl-sdr.

> Also, just in case you are working on it as well, I have
> work-in-progress for gnuradio (something fails so I didn't submit it
> yet).  It might save some effort in that case:

I'll look into it.