Subject: Re: [bug#28129] [PATCH 0/1] gnu: python-internetarchive: Update to 1.7.1.
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 23:45:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]> writes:

> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27699
>
> Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> writes:
>> After I fixed up the test invocation, still 11 tests of 105 fail,
>> apparently mostly because the Requests mock doesn't work.  Could you
>> take a look?
>
>> The mocking is done in tests/conftest.py in internetarchive-1.6.0.
>
> 11 failed, whose (maybe) all require internet connections.  When Guix
> build a package he has no networking inside chroot, has it?
>
> So, we cannot pass those tests.  Could we just disable them selectively
> (not all 105)?

Hmf.  It amazes me that pytest still has no "networking?" toggle.

The tests can be disabled selectively on the command line with the "-k"
switch.  See 'python-pyopenssl' for an example.  In this case it would
be something like "not test_item_with_kwargs and not test_ia and not...".

Would you like to try it?  I applied this patch regardless since it's
apparently not a new problem.  Thanks!