Subject: Re: bug#27242: Fail to load LUKS encrypted rootfs, attempts to open luks device before it's ready.
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: Adam Van Ymeren <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 19:10:27 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Adam Van Ymeren <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> I ran into the same problem at one point, and have applied the following
>> patch to my private branch of Guix.  Perhaps it should be applied to
>> master.
>
> Thanks, this patch works for me.  Something like this upstream would be
> nice :)

I pushed a similar patch to master as commit
f45878a80d412dd79c95e9274c3ee5dd24e1cec9.

> This can probably be unified with the resolve function defined in
> build/file-systems.scm

Thanks for pointing this out.  I don't currently have the spare time to
think about it, but feel free to propose a patch to rework this in a
nicer way :)

I'm closing this bug for now.

     Thanks!
       Mark