Subject: 25.2; `calc-mode': autoload?
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 06:52:19 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs -Q

C-h f calc-mode  ; No match
C-h v calc-mode  ; No match

C-h f calc

  calc is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in ‘calc.el’.

  It is bound to <menu-bar> <tools> <calc>.

  (calc &optional ARG FULL-DISPLAY INTERACTIVE)

  The Emacs Calculator.  Full documentation is listed under "calc-mode".
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Huh?  We send users off to consult the "full documentation"
of "calc-mode" (which presumably should be `calc-mode')?
And just where should a user expect that documentation
"calc-mode" to be "listed"?

Something is wrong here, at least from a user point of view.

C-h r

i calc  ; No match

Something is wrong here too.  Calc should at least be mentioned
in the Emacs manual.  There should be a cross reference there
to the Calc manual.  Searching for `calc' in the Emacs manual
finds only one reference:

 • David Gillespie wrote the Common Lisp compatibility packages;
   ‘Calc’, an advanced calculator and mathematical tool, since
   maintained and developed by Jay Belanger; ‘complete.el’, a partial
   completion mechanism; and ‘edmacro.el’, a package for editing
   keyboard macros.

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-04-24 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -static -g3''