Subject: 25.1; Emacs for Mac OS X 25.1.1 crashes at start under macOS 10.12.4 beta
From: Artemio González López <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 11:04:22 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emacs for OS X 25.1.1 (I am using the stable version, but I also tried
with the latest pretest and nightly release) crashes at start under the
first Developer beta of 10.2.4 (16E144f).  The error produced (starting
from the Terminal with the option —debug-init) is the following:

2017-01-25 23:50:19.458 Emacs-x86_64-10_9[864:21038] Error -
planarGetBytes count (65536) is not a multiple of
bytesPerRow (96).

I am attaching the full OS X crash log.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2016-09-21 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading delsel...done
Loading paren...done
Loading /Users/artemio/.session...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm
xterm time-date paren delsel cus-start cus-load edmacro kmacro tabbar
cl-macs easy-mmode session cl finder-inf info tex-site package
epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib warnings server mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 235081 8655)
 (symbols 48 23073 0)
 (miscs 40 85 151)
 (strings 32 25428 5975)
 (string-bytes 1 748753)
 (vectors 16 34224)
 (vector-slots 8 647203 1955)
 (floats 8 203 394)
 (intervals 56 257 0)
 (buffers 976 19))

Artemio González-López
Depto. Fisica Teorica II
Universidad Complutense
28040 Madrid, SPAIN

Phone: +34 913944596
Fax:      +34 913944557
email:    [email-masked]
URL:     http://jacobi.fis.ucm.es/artemio