Subject: 26.0.50; Crash on C-g with master as of d12e1ddf42
From: Andreas Seltenreich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 22:16:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

just updated my bleeding edge emacs from f5543ffcf5..d12e1ddf42, and it
triggers an abort with the following recipe:

emacs -Q

- Start keyboard input, e.g. C-x
- Wait a second +/- some fraction (waiting longer or shorter won't trigger it)
- Hit C-g

The bug disappears when I revert commits b3a3ed526d and 1392ec7420.

regards,
Andreas

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2017-01-28 built on moll
Repository revision: f428c6e664e76b94ee38a4ddc15bf183115548b0
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11900000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=no
 --prefix=/home/andreas/usr/ --with-x 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fno-crossjumping''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: C
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  dirtrack-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/md4
~/src/elisp/savehist hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/savehist
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/ntlm

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader wid-edit vc vc-dispatcher smerge-mode
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds pcmpl-unix dirtrack shell
emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader misearch multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode autoinsert morse
disp-table network-stream puny nsm starttls tls gnutls my-rcirc
my-rcirc-notify rcirc term/screen term/xterm xterm ido morsekoch
epa-file epa derived epg warnings hi-lock my-git-annex json map
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs emms-setup emms emms-compat info-look subr-x
lido-mode myorg org-clock remember org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities time-date
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs battery cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs my-keys boxquote rect ffap thingatpt advice
repeatable time sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils ispell server jka-compr edmacro kmacro winner ring cl
savehist info finder-inf package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 344373 288558)
 (symbols 48 39510 7)
 (miscs 40 1354 7053)
 (strings 32 92392 170209)
 (string-bytes 1 3055107)
 (vectors 16 36055)
 (vector-slots 8 730306 51086)
 (floats 8 478 1253)
 (intervals 56 6314 6028)
 (buffers 976 39))