Subject: 25.1.90; typo in mailcap-mime-extensions
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 22:00:12 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I noticed that Emacs would offer "test/x-patch" (not "text/...")
as a completion when I was attaching something to a message.

I don't think this is correct, and in the end found what I think is a
typo in mailcap-mime-extensions.

This patch fixes the typo.  Let me know what you think.

Tom

commit 1b817d0a063dfdbb0ca0e9c870ed411a4f8e9c79
Author: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Jan 17 21:58:09 2017 -0700

    fix typo in mailcap-mime-extensions
    
    * lisp/net/mailcap.el (mailcap-mime-extensions): Use "text/x-patch",
    not "test/x-patch".

diff --git a/lisp/net/mailcap.el b/lisp/net/mailcap.el
index 4e53b5a..89f6c91 100644
--- a/lisp/net/mailcap.el
+++ b/lisp/net/mailcap.el
@@ -853,7 +853,7 @@ mailcap-mime-extensions
     (".css"   . "text/css")
     (".dvi"   . "application/x-dvi")
     (".diff"  . "text/x-patch")
-    (".dpatch". "test/x-patch")
+    (".dpatch". "text/x-patch")
     (".el"    . "application/emacs-lisp")
     (".eps"   . "application/postscript")
     (".etx"   . "text/x-setext")

In GNU Emacs 25.1.90.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.9)
 of 2016-12-20 built on bapiya
Repository revision: 88cdf14b37a7344bb266e94512485e3cc738c23d
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11901000
System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install/ --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Press C-c C-c when you are done editing.
Enter a change comment.  Type C-c C-c when done
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
Expansion found in ‘mailcap.el’
Mark activated
Mark set
funcall-interactively: End of buffer [2 times]
Checking in /home/tromey/Emacs/trunk/lisp/net/mailcap.el...done
Hiding up-to-date and ignored items
Scanning for dabbrevs...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/25.1.90/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(shadow emacsbug log-edit pcvs-util whitespace idutils derived noutline
outline find-dired bbdb-sc supercite regi css-mode smie js sgml-mode
json map cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds apropos debug
dabbrev eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func copyright
misearch multi-isearch add-log jka-compr bbdb-message vc-mtn vc-hg
mailalias mail-hist nnir vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode term/xterm xterm flow-fill shr-color
url-util url-parse url-vars shr dom subr-x browse-url mm-archive sort
smiley gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg mail-extr qp gnus-ml disp-table
gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm
network-stream nsm starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry registry eieio-compat
eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message idna dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils flyspell ispell diminish edmacro kmacro projectile
grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer dash appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs which-func imenu minimap autorevert
filenotify cus-start cus-load status erc-services erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-netsplit erc-hl-nicks color erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp
wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source
eieio gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt pp
warnings advice vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb bbdb-site timezone ange-ftp comint
ansi-color ring server savehist finder-inf dwarf-mode-autoloads
gdb-shell-autoloads eieio-core lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads
info-look cl-seq cl-macs cl weblogger-autoloads info package epg-config
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib bbdb-loaddefs time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 956415 363994)
 (symbols 48 112218 0)
 (miscs 40 22147 3169)
 (strings 32 407081 133249)
 (string-bytes 1 9887367)
 (vectors 16 92936)
 (vector-slots 8 2196949 193007)
 (floats 8 781 856)
 (intervals 56 39194 1415)
 (buffers 976 321)
 (heap 1024 259220 12973))