Subject: 26.0.50; semantic/util-modes.el uses deprecated (and removed in git repo) symbol
From: Vladimir Lomov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 21:16:00 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

as topic states, cedet/semantic/util-modes.el uses symbol
'default-header-line-format' (it checks if this symbol is bound by means
of 'boundp') but this symbol was removed in commit '73d47d22197'
(http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/lisp?id=73d47d22197175f08b2dd62e76d7138872e611d2). I
made small patch, tested it and it works well.

--- util-modes.el.orig	2016-11-15 20:24:36.182759749 +0800
+++ util-modes.el	2016-11-15 20:24:46.952711816 +0800
@@ -712,7 +712,7 @@
 	  ;; Disable minor mode if semantic stuff not available
 	  (setq semantic-stickyfunc-mode nil)
 	  (error "Buffer %s was not set up for parsing" (buffer-name)))
-	(unless (boundp 'default-header-line-format)
+	(unless (boundp 'header-line-format)
 	  ;; Disable if there are no header lines to use.
 	  (setq semantic-stickyfunc-mode nil)
 	  (error "Sticky Function mode requires Emacs"))

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.3)
 of 2016-11-15 built on smoon.vl-lomov.ru
Repository revision: 8663fad0a70e60e130ae4cd0529ead66fbad2250
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
Recent messages:
Loading paren...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/custom-prg.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.local/share/emacs/misc/vp-cc-style.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.local/share/emacs/misc/cyrillic-dvorak.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/spell-us.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/uniquify-us.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/ibuffer-us.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/ace-window-us.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vladimir/.config/emacs/undo-tree-us.el (source)...done
When done with this frame, type C-x 5 0 [2 times]

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-gconf
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-decoration-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-breadcrumbs-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-local-symbol-highlight-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-edits-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-whitespace-newline-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  gdb-many-windows: t
  gdb-enable-debug: t
  gud-tooltip-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/vladimir/.config/emacs/custom hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/custom
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-core hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-macro hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-odt hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-md hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-man hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-html hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-beamer hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox-texinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ox hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-scala hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-makefile hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-version hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-version
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-install

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-mode semantic/tag-write
semantic/complete eieio-opt semantic/sb speedbar sb-image dframe
semantic/db-typecache semantic/tag-file vc-dispatcher vc-hg
semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files semantic/bovine/c
semantic/decorate/include hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp
semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/bovine semantic/analyze/refs
semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn hideshow disp-table winner
image-file server undo-tree diff ace-window avy quail company cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cl helm-gtags subr-x which-func imenu helm-files rx image-dired
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
format-spec dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen
helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info info bookmark pp
helm-locate helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source password-cache url-vars mailcap
helm-types helm-swoop helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils compile helm-help
helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib dired
dired-loaddefs helm-config helm-autoloads helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro
async-bytecomp advice async flyspell ispell semantic/mru-bookmark
semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base cl-seq semantic/decorate/mode
semantic/decorate pulse semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt paren semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs mode-local find-func cedet savehist
ido whitespace gdb-mi bindat json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
gud easy-mmode comint ansi-color ring time cus-start cus-load time-date
mule-util cyril-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 397077 18099)
 (symbols 48 38815 0)
 (miscs 40 163 279)
 (strings 32 72724 11906)
 (string-bytes 1 2433503)
 (vectors 16 61605)
 (vector-slots 8 985539 5808)
 (floats 8 695 190)
 (intervals 56 407 167)
 (buffers 976 16))