Subject: pypi importer outputs strange character series in optional dependency case.
From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 20:00:02 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I think this should not happen with pypi import:

  (inputs
    `(("python-certifi==2016.2.28"
       ,python-certifi==2016.2.28)
      ("python-dateutil==2.5.3"
       ,python-dateutil==2.5.3)
      ("python-flask-babel==0.11.1"
       ,python-flask-babel==0.11.1)
      ("python-flask==0.11.1" ,python-flask==0.11.1)
      ("python-lxml==3.6.0" ,python-lxml==3.6.0)
      ("python-ndg-httpsclient==0.4.1"
       ,python-ndg-httpsclient==0.4.1)
      ("python-pyasn1-modules==0.0.8"
       ,python-pyasn1-modules==0.0.8)
      ("python-pyasn1==0.1.9" ,python-pyasn1==0.1.9)
      ("python-pygments==2.1.3"
       ,python-pygments==2.1.3)
      ("python-pyopenssl==0.15.1"
       ,python-pyopenssl==0.15.1)
      ("python-pyyaml==3.11" ,python-pyyaml==3.11)
      ("python-requests[socks]==2.10.0"
       ,#{python-requests\x5b;socks\x5d;==2.10.0}#)
      ("python-setuptools" ,python-setuptools)))

I can understand the version numbers, I can also understand the optional
socks building/module of the python-requests, but why does it read like
Gobbledygook?  Can't we improve the output here?

For version numbers, this is not a format which happened recently which
is exclusive for python build system right? This is just bad formated
because of the pypi query.
I will first try and not pin the application to these version numbers,
maybe itjustworks™.

To reproduce: "guix import pypi searx"
-- 
              ng0