Subject: 25.1; GDB gdb-show-main error
From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 13:27:14 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

        I am getting the following error using GDB on a C executable:

0. emacs -Q &

1. M-: (setq debug-on-error t)
   M-: (setq gdb-show-main t)

2. M-x gdb
   Run gdb (like this): gdb -i=mi test

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
  gdb-show-stop-p()
  (or (not (memq gud-minor-mode (quote (gdbmi pdb)))) (gdb-show-stop-p))
  redisplay_internal\ \(C\ function\)()
  redisplay()
  sit-for(0)
  execute-extended-command(nil "gdb" "gdb")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "gdb" "gdb")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

  Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.9)
 of 2016-08-30 built on buildvm-06.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Auto-saving...
uncompressing server.el.gz...done
Note: file is write protected

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail jka-compr find-func thingatpt kmacro
two-column iso-transl misearch multi-isearch nnregistry gnus-registry
registry eieio-compat eieio-base sort gnus-cite smiley ansi-color
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table cursor-sensor
nndraft nnmh nndoc mm-archive timezone url-http url-gw url-cache
url-auth url-handlers utf-7 rfc2104 nnfolder network-stream nsm starttls
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache epa-file epa derived nnreddit mm-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs url-vars
json map seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap cl gv sieve sieve-mode
sieve-manage nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems wid-edit nnoo nnheader gnus-util mm-util help-fns
help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 12615171 395470)
 (symbols 48 251216 0)
 (miscs 40 144 1050)
 (strings 32 801086 39634)
 (string-bytes 1 45477225)
 (vectors 16 146480)
 (vector-slots 8 2283513 36583)
 (floats 8 468 1676)
 (intervals 56 1769167 7487)
 (buffers 976 50)
 (heap 1024 475401 49044))