Subject: 25.1.50; doc string of `tags-query-replace' - wrong signature
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 09:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The doc string refers to parameters that are not in the calling sequence
(signature).

The signature is wrong.  It says this:

(tags-query-replace FROM TO &optional DELIMITED FILE-LIST-FORM)

But it should say this:

(tags-query-replace FROM TO &optional DELIMITED FILE-LIST-FORM
                                      START END)

The doc string says this (correctly):

 Fifth and sixth arguments START and END are accepted, for compatibility
 with ‘query-replace-regexp’, and ignored.

The doc cannot reference optional args START and END unless they are in
the signature.  It does not matter, for this, that they are ignored by
the function body.

The signature should be corrected as noted above.  The doc is OK.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-12-10
Repository revision: 6148555ee5a3d0139ae517803718b3e0357933c7
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk --enable-checking=yes
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-Og
 -ggdb3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''