Subject: ewoc-collect doesn't match documentatino
From: David Kågedal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:04:54 +0100

Ths documentation for the ewoc-collect function says "The elements on
the returned list will appear in the same order as in the buffer", but
this is not true.

  (ewoc--set-buffer-bind-dll-let* ewoc
      ((header (ewoc--header ewoc))
       (node (ewoc--node-nth dll -2))
       result)
    (while (not (eq node header))
      (if (apply predicate (ewoc--node-data node) args)
	  (push (ewoc--node-data node) result))
      (setq node (ewoc--node-prev dll node)))
    (nreverse result)))

As you can see, it goes throuth the nodes backwards and conses a list,
which will thus be in the correct order. But then it ends with a call
to nreverse that reverses the order so that the return result has the
nodes completely backwards.

Replacing "(nreverse result)" with "result" produces the expected
result.

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2008-09-05 on yellow, modified by Ubuntu
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10502000
configured using `configure  '--build=x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs22:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/22.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/22.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/22.2/leim' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=athena' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed' 'CPPFLAGS=''

-- 
David Kågedal