Subject: 24.5; C indentation failure
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 12:19:34 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

c-mode fails to indent correctly when a #if is followed by a
comment. Example:

int main() {
#if defined(a) // comment
  if (b) {
  body();
}
#endif
  }

Clearly this isn't the correct indentation. A clean run under -Q behaves
the same way.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.6)
 of 2016-06-04 on juergen
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
 -fstack-protector-strong' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
(New file)
Quit
Auto-saving...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils cc-langs cl-loaddefs cl-lib cc-mode
cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 103095 4287)
 (symbols 48 20066 0)
 (miscs 40 40 160)
 (strings 32 16635 4321)
 (string-bytes 1 568293)
 (vectors 16 11333)
 (vector-slots 8 412487 3082)
 (floats 8 63 155)
 (intervals 56 216 16)
 (buffers 960 12)
 (heap 1024 42192 1129))