Subject: Re: bug#23647: 25.1.50; In man pages, links on hyphenated words don't work
From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 13:17:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 18:35:46 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> So how should we proceed from here?  We could add U+2010 to the regexp
>> in my patch, which would then be this: "[-‐]" (hyphen-minus (ASCII 45),
>> hyphen (U+2010), soft hyphen (U+00AD) -- it seems harmless to retain the
>> latter, given that man.el already uses it elsewhere), but if these are
>> all included in the Unicode Pd character class along with other possible
>> hyphen characters, maybe a different approach is required.  I know
>> nothing about the Pd character class and how to detect it with Elisp; I
>> also don't know if doing that would lead to further changes in man.el,
>> making this a larger undertaking.  What do you suggest?
>
> I'd go with just those 3, I think the others will not be produced by
> Groff.

Done in commit 75de364 on master, and closing the bug.

Steve Berman