Subject: 25.1.50; [js-mode] void-function js--font-lock-keywords-3
From: John Ledbetter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 12:05:33 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When enabling js-mode, font lock does not work (no syntax
highlighting). *Messages* indicates the following:

Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 18) signaled (void-function js--font-lock-keywords-3) [14 times]
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 1) signaled (void-function js--font-lock-keywords-3)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 18) signaled (void-function js--font-lock-keywords-3) [5 times]

I tried various incantations of debug-on-error/debug-on-signal but
wasn't able to track down where this message is coming from.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.5.0, NS appkit-1404.47 Version 10.11.5 (Build 15F34))
of 2016-05-23 built on nix.local
Repository revision: c6493c68f8fd6a5e6893eb3837a1a27f8d8a98a8
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Recent messages:
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 18) signaled (void-function js--font-lock-keywords-3) [14 times]
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 1) signaled (void-function js--font-lock-keywords-3)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 18) signaled (void-function js--font-lock-keywords-3) [5 times]
Quit
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list...
eval: Attempt to set a constant symbol: nil
nilError during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 1) signaled (void-function js--font-lock-keywords-3)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 31) signaled (void-function js--font-lock-keywords-3) [3 times]

Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD --with-xml2 --without-dbus
--with-gnutls --with-rsvg --with-imagemagick --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: JavaScript

Minor modes in effect:
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-edit wid-edit cus-start
cus-load debug misearch multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
jka-compr find-func help-fns js advice sgml-mode json map seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv imenu thingatpt
cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 256790 11335)
(symbols 48 25358 0)
(miscs 40 190 465)
(strings 32 32887 6638)
(string-bytes 1 1041285)
(vectors 16 39751)
(vector-slots 8 711153 4602)
(floats 8 207 706)
(intervals 56 1057 95)
(buffers 976 17))