Subject: 25.0.92; Pinentry fails to tidy up its buffer
From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:11:53 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After the user is prompted for a password, the *Pinentry* buffer
containing the password prompt is buried rather than closed.

This clutters up the buffer list for the remainder of the session, and
it is confusing, when switching buffers possibly days later, to suddenly
see the old password prompt.

It would be much better, I think, if the *Pinentry* buffer was killed
rather buried after password entry.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-03-21 built on moondust
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11801000
System Description:	Fedora release 23 (Twenty Three)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 -gdwarf-4''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  completion-in-region-mode: t

Recent messages:
Suppressing duplicates...done
Sorting articles...done
Generating summary...done
Updating buffer list...done
Making completion list...
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer
Making completion list...
Quit
ESC <mouse-4> is undefined
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-scala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-list
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-install
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-id
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-src
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-version
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-info
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-element
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/nlj/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160229/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/org/ob
~/.emacs.d/modules/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.92/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(gnus-html mm-url ibuf-ext ibuffer nndoc url-handlers gnus-dup url-cache
debbugs-gnu add-log debbugs soap-client url-http url-auth url-gw
warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs vc
vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode tex-info sage-latex tex-buf tex dbus xml
texinfo shr-color color shr seq dom browse-url cus-edit rect nnir
thingatpt smiley gnus-cite flow-fill mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp
gnus-ml disp-table mailalias smtpmail eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe pp shadow bbdb-message mail-extr emacsbug sendmail
nndraft nnmh utf-7 server pinentry epa-file epa derived network-stream
nsm starttls nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache character-fold
misearch multi-isearch view flyspell ispell sage sage-load rx
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv eieio-core url-vars emms-streams emms-tag-editor emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info
later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat compile navi-mode outshine outorg
org-contacts cl-seq org-capture gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime password-cache dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message cl-macs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils mm-util help-fns help-mode mail-prsvr cl gv org-rmail org-mhe
org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview doc-view subr-x
jka-compr image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-element
avl-tree org-w3m org-agenda org advice org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func bbdb-anniv
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bbdb-com crm
mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs finder-inf tex-site
info package epg-config edmacro kmacro recentf tree-widget wid-edit
easymenu battery time wheatgrass-theme delsel paren savehist saveplace
elec-pair desktop frameset cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib cua-base cus-start
cus-load time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 796821 274851)
 (symbols 48 101837 0)
 (miscs 40 3117 7255)
 (strings 32 176588 56656)
 (string-bytes 1 5647951)
 (vectors 16 58906)
 (vector-slots 8 1815413 130751)
 (floats 8 1134 938)
 (intervals 56 8797 3073)
 (buffers 976 170)
 (heap 1024 264312 76169))