Subject: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working
From: José L. Doménech<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:26:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In emacs, built from master, https connections have stopped working, while
imaps connections are still working.

How to reproduce it:
emacs -Q
eww https://www.fsf.org

The eww buffer remains blank.

Thw "eww http://www.fsf.org" command shows the page.
From my mail client (wanderlust), trying to retrieve rss sources with a https
connection fails, but I can access http sources and imaps folders.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.4 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-02-24 built on LENOVO-PC
Repository revision: 378d138e64e9389e277e95528c143dc2456727a5
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
 'configure --without-imagemagick
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/mingw64/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Contacting host: www.fsf.org:443

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail network-stream nsm starttls
url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw url-cache url-auth eww
puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars mailcap shr svg xml seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode easymenu dom
cl-loaddefs cl-lib subr-x pcase browse-url format-spec time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 129569 4885)
 (symbols 56 24069 0)
 (miscs 48 46 107)
 (strings 32 28495 4799)
 (string-bytes 1 822432)
 (vectors 16 16800)
 (vector-slots 8 471145 3632)
 (floats 8 237 46)
 (intervals 56 262 21)
 (buffers 976 12))