Subject: Re: bug#2234: 23.0.90; custom-set-faces inhibits faces differences between X11 and console clients
From: Stefano Zacchiroli <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 16:09:43 +0100

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 03:19:49PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > This is, indeed, a problem.  Tthe customize-face facility ought to allow
> > you to specify terminal-dependent face settings.  Hopefully, someone
> > will write such an enhancement, but this will probably not happen before
> > the upcoming 23.1 release.
> 
> Do M-x customize-face RET font-lock-comment-face RET
> Then middle-click on "state" and select "for all kinds of displays": you
> can then give distinct settings for different circumstances.

Many thanks, starting from this tip I indeed found the correct
solution.

Actually, what I needed is to override *all* faces for console mode,
with respect to what happens in the X11 world. I just followed your
suggestion, using "'default" as the font face instead of
"'font-lock-comment-face".

So, in the end, it was not a bug, I'm therefore closing the bug with
this post.

Cheers.

-- 
Stefano Zacchiroli -o- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/
Dietro un grande uomo c'è ..|  .  |. Et ne m'en veux pas si je te tutoie
sempre uno zaino ...........| ..: |.... Je dis tu à tous ceux que j'aime