Subject: 25.0.50; isearch symbol search can't find ,@symbol
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 22:29:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

isearch's symbol search (M-s _) doesn't find symbols as in

  ,@symbol

when searching for "symbol".  This was already the case in Emacs 24.5.

Regexp searching for "\_<" stops at the "@" char (not at the "s").  At
least, `isearch-forward-symbol' seems to behave as documented, dunno
about the "\_<" regexp.

Anyway, the behavior is not good.  People use to replace symbols with
isearch's symbol search when they have renamed a function or variable.
Missing occurrences can introduce bugs.

Thanks for your help,

Michael. 

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.8 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.5)
 of 2015-12-23
Repository revision: 09053075225fec8a6cf7a72017a6dfc1ec6b6f0c
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11703000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix