Subject: Re: bug#22203: 25.0.50; # is treated as a comment character in shell-command arg
From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: Wolfgang Jenkner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:49:26 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am closing this issue.

After further testing.. it turns out that this issue doesn't have to
do anything with emacs.

Here's what happened:

I was running the separate instances of emacs (master branch version
and emacs-25 branch version) from different terminals.
In the terminal where I was running the master branch version (working
case) I was on HOST (env var) X.
In the terminal where I was running the emacs-25 branch version
(non-working case) I was on the same HOST but had to ssh into the same
host X as a hack to fix some group permission issues (at work). That
seemed to mess up the shell-command execution. After I exit from that
ssh session and restarted emacs, this issue was gone, even on
emacs-25.