Subject: 23.0.90; copyright-update might not update copyright
From: "Marshall, Simon" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:39:59 -0000

First, emacs -Q and in the initial frame create 2 windows with 2 new
files containing:

//Copyright (c) 2008 Foo
//

Now do C-x 5 2 and in the new frame do Tools | Compile RET (it doesn't
matter if there's no Makefile etc) and in the *compilation* window in
the new frame do C-x 1 M-: (add-hook 'write-file-hooks
'copyright-update) RET.

Now in the original frame, add the word "Bar" to the end of the 2nd line
in each file, leaving point at the end of the 2nd line, and leaving the
files modified.

Now in the *compilation* window in the new frame do g ! SPC SPC to
recompile/save/update the copyright notices.  

I find that one file contains the correct:

//Copyright (c) 2008, 2009 Foo
//Bar

But the other contains the erroneous:

//Copyright (c) 2008 Foo
//Bar, 2009

With point on the comma in the 2nd line.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8, Motif Version 2.1.0)
 of 2009-02-03 on risksun2
Windowing system distributor `Hummingbird Ltd.', version 11.0.100015
configured using `configure
'--x-includes=/usr/openwin/include:/usr/dt/include:/usr/local/include:/u
sr/local/X11/include'
'--x-libraries=/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/X1
1/lib' '--with-x-toolkit=motif' '--with-jpeg=no' '--with-gif=no'
'--with-tiff=no''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

"Misys" is the trade name for Misys plc (registered in England and Wales). Registration Number: 01360027. Registered office: One Kingdom Street, London W2 6BL, United Kingdom. For a list of Misys group operating companies please go to http://www.misys.com/corp/About_Us/misys_operating_companies.html. This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses using multiple scanners. This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the named recipient of this email please notify us immediately and do not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. This email does not constitute the commencement of legal relations between you and Misys plc. Please refer to the executed contract between you and the relevant member of the Misys group for the identity of the contracting party with which you are dealing.