Subject: 23.0.60; Compile errors in ftfont.c
From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:26:48 +0100

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

Since yesterday evening EST I cannot compile emacs anymore.  The error
is:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -c -D_BSD_SOURCE   -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I/var/tmp/paludis/app-editors-emacs-cvs-23.0.9999-r1/work/emacs/src -D_BSD_SOURCE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/alsa -I/usr/include/librsvg-2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib64/dbus-1.0/include -march=core2 -O2 -pipe -I/usr/include/freetype2 xfont.c
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -c -D_BSD_SOURCE   -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I/var/tmp/paludis/app-editors-emacs-cvs-23.0.9999-r1/work/emacs/src -D_BSD_SOURCE -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/alsa -I/usr/include/librsvg-2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib64/dbus-1.0/include -march=core2 -O2 -pipe -I/usr/include/freetype2 ftfont.c
ftfont.c:68: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'OTF'
ftfont.c:345: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '*' token
ftfont.c:348: error: expected identifier or '(' before '{' token
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_list':
ftfont.c:874: error: 'OTF' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:874: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ftfont.c:874: error: for each function it appears in.)
ftfont.c:874: error: 'otf' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_open':
ftfont.c:1090: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c:1091: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'index'
ftfont.c:1094: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'otf'
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_close':
ftfont.c:1171: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'index'
ftfont.c:1182: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'otf'
ftfont.c:1183: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'otf'
ftfont.c:1188: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_has_char':
ftfont.c:1207: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_encode_char':
ftfont.c:1218: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_text_extents':
ftfont.c:1233: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c:1237: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c:1238: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_get_bitmap':
ftfont.c:1292: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c:1295: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c:1296: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_anchor_point':
ftfont.c:1340: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c:1342: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c:1343: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_otf_features':
ftfont.c:1359: error: expected declaration specifiers before 'OTF_GSUB_GPOS'
ftfont.c:1364: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1366: error: 'OTF_Script' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1366: error: 'otf_script' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1366: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1370: error: 'OTF_LangSys' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1370: error: 'otf_langsys' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1382: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1384: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1384: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1384: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1384: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1394: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1394: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1394: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c:1394: error: invalid type argument of '->' (have 'int')
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_otf_capability':
ftfont.c:1407: error: 'OTF' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1407: error: 'otf' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c: At top level:
ftfont.c:1429: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'OTF'
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_check_otf':
ftfont.c:1497: error: 'OTF' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1497: error: 'otf' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1497: error: 'struct MFLTFontFT' has no member named 'otf'
ftfont.c:1498: error: 'OTF_Tag' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1498: error: 'tags' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c: At top level:
ftfont.c:1530: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'OTF_Anchor'
ftfont.c: In function 'adjust_anchor':
ftfont.c:1533: error: 'anchor' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c: At top level:
ftfont.c:1557: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'otf_gstring'
ftfont.c: In function 'setup_otf_gstring':
ftfont.c:1562: error: 'otf_gstring' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1564: error: 'OTF_Glyph' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1564: error: expected expression before ')' token
ftfont.c:1569: error: expected expression before ')' token
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_drive_otf':
ftfont.c:1589: error: 'OTF' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1589: error: 'otf' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1589: error: 'struct MFLTFontFT' has no member named 'otf'
ftfont.c:1592: error: 'OTF_Glyph' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1592: error: 'otfg' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1633: error: 'otf_gstring' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1732: error: 'OTF_XPlacement' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1735: error: 'OTF_XPlaDevice' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1738: error: 'OTF_YPlacement' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1741: error: 'OTF_YPlaDevice' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1744: error: 'OTF_XAdvance' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1747: error: 'OTF_XAdvDevice' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1750: error: 'OTF_YAdvance' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1753: error: 'OTF_YAdvDevice' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1785: warning: passing argument 5 of 'adjust_anchor' makes pointer from integer without a cast
ftfont.c:1785: error: too many arguments to function 'adjust_anchor'
ftfont.c:1788: warning: passing argument 5 of 'adjust_anchor' makes pointer from integer without a cast
ftfont.c:1788: error: too many arguments to function 'adjust_anchor'
ftfont.c:1811: error: 'OTF_GlyphClass0' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1813: error: 'OTF_GlyphClassMark' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_shape_by_flt':
ftfont.c:1842: error: expected declaration specifiers before 'OTF'
ftfont.c:1875: error: 'otf_gstring' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1882: error: 'OTF_Glyph' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1882: error: 'otfg' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:1943: error: 'struct MFLTFontFT' has no member named 'otf'
ftfont.c: In function 'ftfont_shape':
ftfont.c:2008: error: 'OTF' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:2008: error: 'otf' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftfont.c:2015: error: 'struct ftfont_info' has no member named 'ft_size'
make[2]: *** [ftfont.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/paludis/app-editors-emacs-cvs-23.0.9999-r1/work/emacs/src'
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/paludis/app-editors-emacs-cvs-23.0.9999-r1/work/emacs'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.0.60/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.7)
 of 2009-01-27 on thinkpad
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10503000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--program-suffix=-emacs-23' '--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-23' '--with-sound' '--with-x' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-freetype' '--with-xft' '--with-libotf' '--with-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' '--build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' 'build_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -ggdb -O1 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  window-number-meta-mode: t
  window-number-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  exec-abbrev-cmd-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f . e m a <tab> <return> y C-s t i t l e C-s 
C-s C-s <up> C-x C-s M-x g <return> <return> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <return> y <return> 
<down> <return> <down> <return> <down> <return> q <up> 
<up> <up> <up> C-u 1 0 0 <return> <down> C-s c o m 
p i l e C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-g C-g C-g C-u 3 0 
0 M-g <up> <up> C-s c o m p i <left> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-g C-g q M-x r e b <return>

Recent messages:
20090128T222418.925> Fetching headers for nntp+Uni:gnu.emacs.bug...done
20090128T222419.272> Scoring...
20090128T222419.330> Scoring...done
20090128T222420.136> Generating summary...
20090128T222420.936> Generating summary...done
20090128T222421.157> No more unread articles

Mark saved where search started
Quit
Quit20090128T222447.830> Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules

-- 
If programmers deserve to  be rewarded for creating innovative programs,
by the same  token they deserve to be punished if  they restrict the use
of these programs. (Richard M. Stallman)