Subject: Re: bug#20909: incorrect partition size calculation
From: Phil Susi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:02:14 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 6/29/2015 2:37 PM, Gena Makhomed wrote:
>> You are off by 1. start and end are inclusive so the size of sda4 is:
>>
>> 1 + (7814037134 - 102764544) = 7711272591
>>

Closing for this reason.

> BTW, "start and end are inclusive" - IMHO is very bad decision,
> because now it is not possible to partition disk using MiB units
> and always need use sectors and make all calculations manually.

No.. MiB units work just fine.

> for example, parted -s /dev/sda mkpart primary 34s 1MiB
> now use one sector from second MiB and next partition
> will be created as unaligned.

No, it doesn't... the partition ends on sector 2047, so the next 
partition can start on sector 2048.