Subject: 24.3; The background color can't fill the buffer completely
From: "Chen, Chien-ting" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:58:58 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I used a theme in emacs 24, but recently, the background color just
filled area where characters are instead of the buffer completely. Even
though I killed the orignal ~/.emacs, and used command like customize-*
to change the theme to another one, it's not improved.

for details:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/13296/the-background-color-cant-fill-the-buffer-completely

for the recipe: https://hackpad.com/emacs-bus-testing-example-vRAUa9GiboF

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
of 2014-03-08 on lamiak, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description: Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca

Configured using:
`configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
'--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
'--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'

'--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
'--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: zh_TW.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: zh_TW.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: zh_TW.UTF-8
value of $LANG: zh_TW.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> x M-x
e m a c s - <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o r t - e m a c s - b
u g <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50gtk-doc-tools.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50python-mode.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50twittering-mode.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item [4 times]
user-error: End of history; no default available [2 times]
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
user-error: End of history; no default available
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
call-interactively: End of buffer [15 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils json-mode-autoloads
json-reformat-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads finder-inf
modeline-posn-autoloads moe-theme-autoloads php-mode-autoloads package
emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode
time-date china-util tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)