Subject: 24.5; shell-script highlighting flawed
From: Diego Berrocal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 04:40:01 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: Diego Berrocal
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.5; shell-script highlighting flawed
--text follows this line--

I just see this issue when reading a bash script like imgur-screenshot
(
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jomo/imgur-screenshot/master/imgur-screenshot.sh
)
The syntax highlighting looks aweful and looks like it's all inside a
double quote. Looks like this image https://i.imgur.com/MBwr5jH.png

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-05-13 on Jupiter
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell-script

Minor modes in effect:
  goto-address-prog-mode: t
  auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  highlight-numbers-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  sh-electric-here-document-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  guide-key-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  firestarter-mode: t
  eyebrowse-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-strict-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  evil-jumper-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  global-evil-annoying-arrows-mode: t
  evil-annoying-arrows-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  engine-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup...done
[yas] Loading for `sh-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/sh-mode) (quote
sh-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/sh-mode
[yas] Loading for `prog-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/prog-mode) (quote
prog-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/prog-mode
Loading
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/prog-mode/.yas-setup...done
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading for
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets
[yas] Check your `yas-snippet-dirs': ~/.emacs.d/snippets is not a directory
[yas] Reloaded everything (snippets will load just-in-time)... (some
errors, check *Messages*).
ad-handle-definition: `eval-defun' got redefined

Load-path shadows:
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/ht-20140122.1555/ht hides ~/.emacs.d/core/libs/ht

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug evil-iedit-state iedit
iedit-lib goto-addr auto-highlight-symbol clean-aindent-mode
git-gutter-fringe fringe-helper git-gutter highlight-numbers parent-mode
rainbow-delimiters ansible yasnippet help-mode sh-script smie executable
align tabify face-remap flyspell ispell async recentf tree-widget server
solarized py-yapf ox-koma-letter nyan-mode erc-yank gist gh-gist
timezone erc-tex demo-it cp2k-mode window-numbering etags
volatile-highlights vi-tilde-fringe undo-tree diff string-inflection
smooth-scrolling smartparens-config slime-autoloads python-environment
prodigy powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes page-break-lines
ox-ioslide-helper makey ox-ioslide f ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html
ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-trello org-trello-controller org-trello-proxy
org-trello-input org-trello-buffer org-trello-backend org-trello-api
org-trello-cbx org-trello-entity org-trello-query org-trello-data
org-trello-hash org-trello-action org-trello-log org-trello-setup
org-trello-utils parse-time org-tree-slide org-timer org-projectile
projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer org-capture org-gcal org-archive org-element
request-deferred deferred request mail-utils alert log4e gntp ob-ditaa
ob-sql ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-gnuplot ob-latex ob-js ob-haskell
ob-sh ob-python ob-R org-indent ob-mongo ob-http ob-http-mode ob-browser
mustache ido-vertical-mode hexrgb helm-open-github gh-pulls gh-issues
gh-repos gh-oauth gh-api logito gh-cache pcache gh-auth gh-common gh-url
gh-profile helm-mt multi-term term disp-table ehelp helm-dash helm-mode
helm-files tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell dired-x
dired-aux ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark
helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark helm-locate helm-help helm-org
org-location-google-maps org-agenda google-maps google-maps-static
google-maps-geocode google-maps-base org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin grep helm-external
helm-net helm-utils helm helm-source guide-key-tip pos-tip guide-key s
ucs-normalize popwin gmail-message-mode ham-mode markdown-mode noutline
outline html-to-markdown flx-ido flx firestarter eyebrowse
exec-path-from-shell evil-surround evil-search-highlight-persist
evil-numbers evil-lisp-state smartparens evil-jumper
evil-indent-textobject evil-exchange evil-escape evil-args evil-anzu
anzu evil-annoying-arrows warnings cider-eval-sexp-fu eval-sexp-fu rx
highlight frame-fns avoid esh-help em-unix esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-arg
eldoc esh-util erc-yt json erc-view-log erc-social-graph erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-netsplit
erc-image image-dired dired url-queue browse-url erc-hl-nicks color
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp notifications dbus xml erc-track erc-match
erc-services erc-networks erc-autoaway erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec pp engine-mode edit-server ecb ecb-symboldef
ecb-analyse ecb-compatibility ecb-winman-support ecb-autogen autoload
lisp-mnt ecb-tod ecb-cycle ecb-eshell ecb-help ecb-jde
ecb-method-browser hideshow ecb-semantic-wrapper ecb-semantic
ecb-file-browser ecb-speedbar ecb-layout compile comint ansi-color
ecb-create-layout ecb-compilation ecb-common-browser speedbar sb-image
dframe ecb-navigate ecb-mode-line ecb-face tree-buffer ecb-upgrade
ecb-cedet-wrapper semantic/db-mode semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/db eieio-base semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls
semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet ecb-util diminish
define-word url-http tls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums url-gw company-web company web-completion-data calfw-ical url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs calfw holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs bongo mule-util lastfm-submit auto-dim-other-buffers info
tex-site adaptive-wrap easymenu evil-evilified-state finder-inf savehist
saveplace hl-line xt-mouse winner autorevert filenotify ido evil-leader
evil evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands evil-command-window
evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states
evil-core byte-opt evil-common windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs
evil-vars ring edmacro kmacro use-package bytecomp byte-compile cconv
bind-key easy-mmode dash vc-git wid-edit monokai-theme cl-extra
core-configuration-layer core-dotspacemacs package epg-config ht cl-macs
cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib core-spacemacs derived core-use-package-ext
core-micro-state corelv core-toggle core-fonts-support pcase
core-spacemacs-buffer core-funcs core-themes-support advice help-fns
core-auto-completion core-emacs-backports subr-x time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 859253 156978)
 (symbols 48 77121 0)
 (miscs 40 676 501)
 (strings 32 195437 99931)
 (string-bytes 1 7257696)
 (vectors 16 96280)
 (vector-slots 8 2157358 120506)
 (floats 8 1190 1124)
 (intervals 56 1416 73)
 (buffers 960 20)
 (heap 1024 102552 13521))